FALMOUTH AND PENRYN WELCOME REFUGEE FAMILIES
ESOL TEACHER ROLE SPECIFICATION
We are a group of people from the local community, living in Falmouth and Penryn. We are from different cultural backgrounds, of different ages and genders.
We have a common ethos of inclusivity and a common aim of helping those in need, specifically those families fleeing war zones.
- To prepare and deliver English Language tuition to members of the refugee family either in their home or another convenient venue.
- To collaborate with other teachers to design the most effective delivery of English language lessons.
- To communicate with members of the teaching team and the family to ensure the best possible learning environment and outcome for the family.
- To respond to the needs of the students and adapt lessons accordingly.
- To follow all safeguarding procedures as set out in FPWRF Safeguarding Policy and safeguard and protect the welfare of children, young people, vulnerable adults and the elderly.
Terms and conditions
- Unless otherwise stated, teachers will operate on a voluntary basis.
- Timing of lessons to be agreed with FPWRF and the family.
- DBS checks will be organised and paid for by FPWRF.
- Training in safeguarding will be offered to those who need updated training to level 2.
- Other relevant/appropriate training will be provided by FPWRF.
- A qualification to teach English as a second language and/or other relevant experience.
- Flexibility to be able to respond to the needs and aspirations of the family in a calm and professional manner.
- To be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- To have good organisational skills.
- To be a self-reflective practitioner.
- To be able to safeguard and protect the welfare of children, young people, vulnerable adults and the elderly.
- To have up-to-date DBS disclosure or a willingness to undergo a DBS check.
- To be willing to undergo relevant training.
- Experience of working with refugees.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Experience of working as a member of a team.